- Who's who
- DPE Online Data
- DPE Guidelines Archive
- RFD for DPE
- Compendium of DPE Guidelines
- Management Division
- MOU Division
- Wage Cell
- Format for compiling Status of appointment of non-official Directors in CPSEs
- Annual Reports
- Guidelines for Corporate Governance for CPSEs 2010
- Corporate Governance Grading Report of CPSEs for the Year 2010-11
- PE Survey Reports
- Recruitment Rules
- DPE Discussion Forum
- Conference 2015
- International Workshop on ‘Performance Evaluation and Management of State Owned Enterprises’
- Workshop on Pension Schemes for CPSEs in Hyderabad on 19.11.2012
- Workshop on Performance Management System(PMS) held at Visakhapatnam on 31.08.2012
- Workshop on Corporate Governance in Central Public Sector Enterprises
- Conference of Non-Official Directors of CPSEs
- Citizen's Charter
- Right to Information
- Nodal Officer, CPIO and Appellate Authority
- Contact Details of DPE Officials
- Channel Of Submission And Delegation Of Powers
- Duties and responsibilities of officers
- Monthly remuneration received by officials of DPE
- Norms for disposal of cases
- Information under Section 4(I)(b) of RTI, 2005
- RTI Applications/First Appeal-Replies
- Related Links
- Department of Heavy Industries
- Office of Chief Controller of Accounts, M/o Commerce & Industry
- Ministry of Company Affairs
- Department of Disinvestment
- Department of Economic Affairs
- Department of Expenditure
- Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Public Enterprises Selection Board (PESB)
- ACC Vacancy Monitoring System
- Standing Conference Of Public Enterprises (SCOPE)
- Other Govt. Departments
- National Informatics Centre
- Parliamentary Questions
- Rajya Sabha
- Lok Sabha
- Swachh Bharat Mission
- Working Hours
- PMA Cell
- New Pension Scheme
- DPE Library Catalogue
- Third Pay Revision Committee
Upper age limit for recruitment by the method of direct open competitive examination. (DPE O.M. No. 18(6)/98-GM-GL-018 dated 28th June, 1999)
(c) Service Matters
Upper age limit for recruitment by the method of direct open competitive examination.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department O.M. of even number dated 19.5.1998 regarding raising the age of retirement of below board level employees of Central PSUs from 58 years to 60 years.
2. Consequent upon the enhancement of the age of retirement, the Government has considered the issue of raising the upper age limit for direct recruitment. Accordingly, it has been decided that the upper age limit for recruitment by the method of direct open competitive examination to below Board level posts in PSUs, specified in relevant service/recruitment rules shall be increased by 2 years. A copy of DOPT Notification No.15012/6/98-Estt.(D) dated 21.12.98 on the subject is enclosed for information and guidance.
3. All the administrative Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the above decision of the Government to the notice of all PSUs under their administrative control for appropriate necessary action.
(DPE O.M. No. 18(6)/98-GM-GL-018 dated 28th June, 1999)
Copy of DOPT Notification No. 15012/6/98-Estt.(D) dated 21st December, 1998
G.S.R….(E)…:– In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309, and clause (5) of article 148 of the Constitution, and after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India in relation to the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the upper age limit for recruitment to the Central civil services and civil posts under the Union, namely:–
1. Short title and commencement:
(1) These rules may be called the Central Civil Services and Civil Posts (Upper Age-limit for Direct Recruitment) Rules, 1998.
(2) They shall come into force on the 1st day of April, 1999.
(1) These rules shall apply to all Central Civil Services and Civil Posts under the Central Government.
(2) These rules shall not apply to direct recruitment to any Central civil service or civil post under the Central Government for which action for recruitment is initiated through open advertisement or otherwise before the 1st day of April, 1999.
(3) These rules shall not apply also to recruitment to Armed Forces or Para Military Forces, namely, Assam Rifles, Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Central Reserve Police Force and Indo-Tibetian Border Police.
3. Increase in the upper age limit:
The upper age-limit for recruitment by the method of Direct Open Competitive Examination to the Central civil services and civil posts specified in the relevant service/recruitment rules on the date of commencement of the Central Civil Services and Civil Posts (Upper Age-limit for Direct Recruitment) Rules 1998, shall be increased by two years.
Note: “Direct Open Competitive Examination” for the purpose of these rules shall mean direct recruitment by Open Competitive Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission or the Staff Selection commission or any other authority under the Central Government and it shall not include recruitment through Limited Departmental Examination or through short-listing or by interview or by contract or by absorption or transfer or deputation.
4. Amendment of recruitment rules:
All rules regulating the method of recruitment of persons to the Central Civil Services and civil posts under the Union including those in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department and the rules governing Open Competitive Examinations shall stand amended to the extent provided for in rule 3.
If any question arises as to the interpretation of these rules, the same shall be decided by the Central Government.